Display Optical Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Apple is looking for a hardworking engineer to design and develop innovative displays and optical devices. Come and join us to make a dent in the universe.
- Strong engineering background in optics, electric electronics, device fabrication, material science and system integration
- Understanding in the basics of optical measurements and equipments
- Hands-on experience in prototyping, and optical system design
- Proficiency in certain computer language (like one or more from Matlab, Mathematica,
- C/C+ +, Fortran, Python, etc) for simulations and modeling. Experience in commercial tools of optical simulations (ex: LightTools, Zemax..etc ) is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Creative/analytical & critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
This position is focusing on the development, prototyping, and flawless execution of technologies to enable the best front-of-screen user experience of Apple products. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation in the interdisciplinary ares of optics, device fabrication, liquid crystal display(LCD),OLED, LED, circuit driving, image process, color and vision science.
Education & Experience
- Ph.D or Master degree . in Optics Science/Engineering, or related fields - Bachelor degree in Optical Science/Engineering + 5 years or longer experience in optical science/engineering at industries or academic institutes.