Software Development Engineer, Endpoint Security
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is seeking an outstanding Software Development Engineer with a focus on application and infrastructure security; to lead software engineering efforts in the Apple Information Security organization. This is a highly technical and hands-on role in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment. You will need to have a good mixture of technical know-how as well as a background in higher level information security concepts and risk assessment methodologies, and experience integrating security principles into systems architecture and software development lifecycle.
- 5+ years of proven experience
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency in Go programming language
- Passion for high-quality code, tests, CI/CD, documentation, and production services
- Hands-on experience with Linux-based operating systems, familiarity with Linux Audit System or eBPF a plus
- Track record of driving improvements in code quality, performance, etc.
- Passionate about keeping Apple’s customers safe
- Passion for collaborating with other motivated colleagues working towards a similar goal
- Ability to identify nuances and dig into details in order to understand systems deeply
- Act with high ethical standards and integrity
- Lead ground breaking security efforts at a scale you’ll only be able to find at Apple - Manage and improve a set of critical security infrastructure services for authentication, logging, security monitoring, and detection - Design, develop, and implement security controls and tools that improve the defense of Apple’s infrastructure and applications - Work multi-functionally with teams throughout Apple on technology and initiatives to improve security and bring security standard methodologies to our products and services - Develop production infrastructure fixes to complex vulnerabilities and design architectures to minimize business risks
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering or related 5-7 years proven experience.