Machine Learning Site Reliability Engineer - Strategic Data Solutions
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) is looking for a talented ML Site Reliability Engineer to play a meaningful role in Apple’s Compliance operations. SDS is an applied machine learning organization that is committed to providing high-quality, data-driven risk decisioning. Our team is passionate about operational excellence, and providing data-driven solutions for high impact business problems! As a ML Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for reliability of analytic decisioning systems alongside data scientists, software development engineers, program managers and business partners. This position supports both online solutions for near-real-time decisioning, and offline solutions for analytics and reporting.
- Ability to adapt solutions to changing conditions
- Works with SQL or NoSQL databases over petabytes of data
- Ability to develop cross-functional partnerships to address complex problems.
- Experience operating applications using big data technology like Hadoop, Spark, or Cassandra.
- Track record of improving service reliability and efficiency.
- Previous experience with machine learning/data analytics is relevant.
- Writes production-ready code in Python, Java, Clojure or equivalent programming language
- Reviews code and debugs urgent production issues
- Quickly evaluate, learn and apply new technologies
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented
- 3+ years of experience as a reliability engineer
• Engaging with cross functional partners to understand reliability requirements and translating those into technical solutions • Standardizing and implementing operational processes for real-time decisions, data pipelines, and SLAs • Ensuring application health & quality through monitoring and alerting tools • Planning robust procedures that gracefully recover from outages and system issues • Innovating by recognizing opportunities for automation and tools improvements. • Responsible for developing and implementing process improvements to bring both efficiency and stability to decisioning systems and operational excellence for the organization • Responding and addressing service issues in a timely fashion
Education & Experience
BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent proven experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.