Sr SW Engineer - PostgreSQL
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to help lead development in open source large-scale data store environments. This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions to ever-growing business and data processing needs. If you love to tackle internet-scale challenges, this is the right job for you! This team provides database solutions to Maps, Siri, Music, iCloud, App Store, Hardware, and Software Engineering. Dynamic, inquisitive people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norms here. We enable engineers to build great products! Open to relocation to: Austin, TX Elk Grove, CA Seattle, WA Dallas, TX Denver, CO Raleigh, NC
- Be a good contributor/committer to the PostgreSQL community.
- Passion for open-source development and culture.
- Strong C/C++ skills and knowledge of modern software development practices.
- 5+ year as a developer writing software systems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Performance Optimization Techniques.
We are looking for experienced developers in C, C++ who are passionate about contributing to open-source software (OSS) to join the Global Data Services team and lead development to PostgreSQL, take it to next level. At Apple, we believe, we benefit greatly from open-source projects and the ecosystems. Your primary focus will be contributing to the open-source PostgreSQL project. You will work on projects that are important to Apple’s needs with PostgreSQL. When applying for this position, please submit a link to a public PR you submitted to an open-source project (and even better, for PostgreSQL). Apple services to all of its customers around the world and help us build the Apple experience on a global scale. The expectations from the job position would be: - Fix bugs and review patches for PostgreSQL as needed by Apple infrastructure. - Architect ideal deployment solutions. - Partner with the PostgreSQL community on the needs for Apple. - Develop production-ready features for PostgreSQL. - Help facilitate and align Apple’s development work with PostgreSQL. - Coach and consult other teams on how best to contribute to PostgreSQL. - Help others in team interested in contributing to community. - Work with PostgreSQL DevOps team to troubleshoot and identify the issue to its granularity.
Education & Experience
BE/B-Tech or ME/M-Tech in Computer Science / related fields or equivalent work experience.
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The Sr SW Engineer - PostgreSQL position starts at a minimum annual salary of $142,100. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.