Senior Java Open Source Contributor
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming amazing products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We use the latest in open source technology to address internet-scale problems. Our team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions to enable teams to launch new Apple applications and services. We are looking for a passionate Search Engineer to help run large-scale data store environments. An individual can go to the depths to solve sophisticated problems and curiosity to explore and learn new technologies for innovative solutions. If you love to tackle internet scale challenges, this is the right job. Open to relocation to: Austin, TX Elk Grove, CA Seattle, WA Dallas, TX Denver, CO Raleigh, NC
- Be an authority in open source (Apache Software Foundation) projects
- Design massively distributed technology and develop bleeding-edge cloud computing software
- In-depth knowledge of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Performance Optimization Techniques
- A passion for working with large distributed data and systems
- Experience working in open source communities
- Committer/maintainer in open source communities
- Passion for high-quality code, tests, CI/CD, documentation, production services and driving improvements in code quality, performance.
- Commanding knowledge and experience working with large-scale Search technologies, such as OpenSearch, Solr and ElasticSearch
- Experience with NoSQL technologies
- Experience with modern debugging and root cause analysis techniques
- Experience with Kubernetes and common observability tools (New Relic, Splunk, Prometheus, Jaeger, Open Telemetry etc)
- Proficient with Java
- Excellent time management skills to manage work on tight schedules and handle the pressure of executive requests and product launches.
We are the team that provides data stores as a service Apple wide working with iCloud, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, AI/ML, Apple Media Products, Siri, Maps, Retail, Online Stores etc. The position requires hands on production systems. The engineer will be responsible for optimal performance, stability and availability of multi-tiered systems. This position requires a passionate individual who likes large scale challenges and innovate on sophisticated tasks, and has the ability to think out of the box creatively to come up with different technology solutions or architectures to meet business requirements. Please have your resume highlighting the benefit provided by you in terms of performance, efficiency, business challenges solved in the search area.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- - Languages: In depth hands on experience with Java and Python
- - Familiarity with micro services and cloud technologies like AWS, GCP and Kubernetes
- - Tools: JVM Tuning tools, OS Performance and Debugging
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The Senior Java Open Source Contributor position starts at a minimum annual salary of $142,100. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.