Instrumentation & Hardware Electrical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Instrumentation and Test technology team architects and crafts the best-in-class Test and Measurement Instruments. The team is a collaborative group of creative and thoughtful people developing highly complex and sophisticated Test and Measurement equipment to support the testing of our best-in-class products. This individual will play a key role in defining, architecting, specifying, crafting, validating, and developing Test and Measurement Instruments to support our consumer product bringup, characterization, ramp, and production.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of industry experience in PCB requirements, architecture, design, simulations, layout, bringup, validation, characterization, and release to production.
- Experience in end-to-end PCB development.
- Experience in system and PCB architecture.
- Experience in analog and digital design.
- Experience in Op-amps, filters, ADC/DAC converters, and power supply design.
- Knowledge of FPGA architecture, RTL/Verilog, STA, testbench validation, regression testing, power analysis, system validation, and revision control.
- Knowledge of MCU Firmware architecture, coding, simulations, regression testing, power analysis, system validation, and revision control.
- Knowledge of software development for purpose of debugging hardware.
- Knowledge of STM32F7 MCU firmware is desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge of MIPI is desirable, but not required.
- Ability to perform failure analysis using scientific method and experimental process
- Able to understand and perform statistical data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successfully completed designs that have gone into production
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Able to make international travel to Asia 10% of the time
- Background with Touch or Sensing Technology is preferred but not required
This individual will play a key role in the lifecycle of systems and PCB electronics within our instrumentation team. You will be responsible for, Develop Instrumentation systems and PCBs using our world-class tools and processes PCB requirements, architecture, design, simulations, layout, bringup, validation, characterization, and release to production. Resolving EE engineering and production issues with external vendors. Preparing and deliver presentations. Defect root cause analysis and resolution, including diligent bug database tracking. Collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in EE or CE