Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an exceptional Motion Graphics Designer to join our Retail Marketing team. As our ideal candidate, you will create innovative and compelling motion graphics and animated experiences across live events in Apple stores, social media and online that inspire and educate Apple customers worldwide. We are looking for a versatile candidate that will be responsible for developing and executing a variety of projects that range from experience design, design, animation, motion graphics and video. Today at Apple is one of the ways we’re evolving our Retail experience to inspire and educate our customers. We’re creating a modern-day town square, where everyone is welcome in a space where the best of Apple comes together to connect with one another, discover a new passion, or take their skill to the next level. Through the making of inspirational content, this role plays a critical part in humanizing technology, rebalancing Apple’s focus on liberal arts and humanities in the areas of art & design, music, photography, coding, film-making and health and fitness.
- You have in-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative process, have excellent design skills, and consistently deliver high-quality design.
- You can concept innovative campaign ideas and every step of the customer learning and entertainment experience both physically and digitally.
- Expertise in developing groundbreaking creative solutions in a range of media including social, print, video, interactive, new media, and space.
- You are a problem-solver who can work independently and manage projects under minimal direction.
- Broad background in developing groundbreaking creative solutions in a range of media including social, print, video, interactive, new media, and space, and the ability to confidently create, evaluate, and re-direct when necessary.
- Create storyboards, animation, and video graphics and animation for a variety of digital projects.
- Excellent skills with design software, which will be used in the design and creative production process. This includes, but is not limited to, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere. Expertise in Cinema 4D and Maya a plus. Editing ability in Final Cut Pro preferred.
- Experience in a quick moving and cross-functional environment. Grace under pressure – calm and logical problem solving when issues arise. Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task projects, priorities, schedules, and deliverables.
- Have a pulse on trends in design, education, technology, and the arts.
In this role the Motion Designer crafts new learning and entertainment experiences in physical and digital environments. They are responsible for leading the creation and production of strategic and innovative design solutions, following creative direction of the appropriate Associate Creative Directors or Creative Director. The Motion Designer will plan and direct projects end to end, and serve as an integral member of the project team. They will effectively scale design solutions in accordance with project constraints and parameters. The Motion Designer has the ability to effectively work and communicate with other creative staff members, vendors, producers, and directors. They have great presentation skills and are able to gather feedback.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts or other related field preferred. 4-10 years experience in a design company, advertising agency or in-house creative environment.