Senior Data Analyst
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Job Summary Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and curiosity to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance organization finds value for both Apple customers and its shareholders. As a Senior Finance Data Analyst, you’ll play an integral, global role in building the data foundations, interpreting quantitative data and developing insights for Apple’s compliance, risk and accounting organizations.
- You are an analyst with a generalist background in analytics with a good understanding of and practical experience applying excellent data engineering principles. The candidate should have experience designing, deploying, and maintaining data driven solutions. The ability to partner with data engineers, software engineers, data scientists and business partners is critical. Additionally, the ability to learn and share your expertise with others will help you succeed in this role.
- -Data Engineering Principles-
- Foundational knowledge of efficient data models for analytics projects
- The ability to work in a cloud enterprise warehouse environment
- Understanding of data storage types, their benefits and when to use them
- Ability to build batch type, orchestrated data integrations
- Experience with data validations and pipeline monitoring to ensure integrity and consistency in solutions
- -Collaboration and Communication-
- Ability to explain technical details to non-technical audiences
- Effective working cross-functionally, gathering and understanding process and requirements
- Ability to translate an idea or problem into a solution
- Comfortable challenging status quo, pressing innovation forward
- Experience with creating effective, clean visualizations to different audience types using software (e.g. Tableau) and open source packages such as plotly and altair
- Experience with analytic app frameworks such as Streamlit a plus
- -Programming Fundamentals-
- Efficient python (or equivalent) programmer
- Values DRY principles, modularity, readability, supportability
- Effective in writing and orchestrating SQL
- Understanding and advocation of version control, code review, testing
- -Analytics Fundamentals-
- Ability to discern patterns and insights from large, disparate, and disconnected data sources
- Experience with building simple forecasts and analyzing data, including trend, mean, weighted and other statistical methods
- Ability to use descriptive analytics and execute exploratory analysis
- -Nice to Have-
- Understanding of and/or eagerness to learn and apply statistical modeling and machine learning in regression, classification, anomaly detection and unsupervised learning settings
- Understanding of and/or experience with time series forecasting
- Proficiency in shell scripting (bash, zsh) for general use cases
- Previous accounting or corporate finance support or direct experience
- Understanding or ability to learn accounting principles, SOx and financial controls process
- Understanding or ability to learn general ledger accounting, financial statements preparation and tax and accounting compliance
Description In this role, you work with different finance and operational teams at Apple to help answer critical questions that inform business process unearth patterns of fraud and waste and lead to new and exciting solutions for optimizing Apple’s general ledger. The data analyst needs to be consultative and flexible enough to acquire, transform, analyze, and deliver results from structured, clean and easily attainable sources as well as integrate data from difficult to manage, unstructured data sources. You will develop both data models and analytical models, as well as business intelligence to enhance to enhance and automate decision support for critical Finance organizations. Creativity, collaboration, and drive are required to unearth features and signals in the vast amount of data inside and outside of Apple.
Education & Experience
Undergraduate degree in computer science, quantitative finance, Applied mathematics, or other quantitative discipline with seven years or more of experience. Graduate degree in quantitative field with five years or more of experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.