Product Counsel - App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed to operate the App Store throughout the world. Apple is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and practical product attorney to support the App Store. This is a great opportunity to work closely with the people running one of the most dynamic and successful businesses on the planet.
- 6-10 years relevant legal experience at a technology company, a leading law firm, or a government agency.
- Significant hands on legal experience focused on platform discovery and optimization (search, browse, rankings) or subscriptions practices and consumer product issues.
- Experience advising clients on issues related to the app economy, online platforms, internet products/services, digital distribution, e-commerce, new technologies, or novel/complex business issues.
- Experience working on complex issues involving regulatory compliance, government inquiries, litigation, fraud, trust and safety, consumer protection, software, intellectual property, gaming and customer payment systems is desirable.
- Excellent listening, communication, analytical, drafting and organizational skills.
- Loves digging into complex details, handling a variety of matters, and providing practical legal solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys building strong client relationships and working collaboratively with teams from various disciplines, such as engineering, design, business, and marketing.
- Comfortable with healthy debate.
- Best suited for a self-starter who is curious, likes learning, and thrives in a dynamic, team environment.
In this role, you will be part of a team primarily responsible for supporting and advising the App Store’s product management, commerce, and engineering teams on introducing new product features, as well as working with various stakeholders on a wide variety of matters, including feature development, design considerations, regulatory compliance, fraud prevention, and transactional matters. Experience drafting responses to government regulators is a plus. You will help review and draft language for product UI, purchase flows, and customer and developer-facing terms. You will also help advise on risk allocation/mitigation, business implications, and policies, and collaborate with the broader legal team supporting Apple products and services around the world.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar.