AR/VR Pipeline Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a dedicated Pipeline Engineer to help us build the next generation of applications for our platform. This team is working on streamlining content for Apple's most advanced Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality technology. As a member of our organization, you will assist us in crafting future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people.
- Strong Python skills
- Experience working within real time, animation, or film VFX pipelines
- Experience creating plugins for DCC applications (Houdini, Maya, Blender, etc)
- Experience working in complex codebases
- Familiarity with USD or similar systems
- Comfortable working on the macOS platform
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining tools and workflows for our 3D content production process. You will work with a variety of teams including artists, designers, pipeline developers, and engineers to identify requirements and implement efficient solutions for unifying our content creation pipeline and internal stack. The candidate for this role will be comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. Engineers are expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of 3D technologies and workflows, and an ambition to improve, innovate and explore these technologies to enable creatives to surprise and delight our users.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience Minimum 5 years game and/or film production experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- A strong team mentality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting goals and priorities
- A passion for improving artist and developer workflows
- Nice to have: Experience working with game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.), C++ experience, project management systems (ShotGrid, ftrack, etc.), package management systems, familiarity with DevOps processes and service-based infrastructure.