Audio System Specialist
Culver City, California, United States
At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Audio is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience. Apple has assembled an elite Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity, and enjoy elegant sound throughout our product line! We are a diverse team, motivated to share our love of audio with the world. We possess a passion for acoustics design and integration, algorithm prototyping, critical listening and hearing science. We work daily with multi-functional teams to find innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges. We are searching for an experienced Audio System Specialist to help bring Beats products to the next level. Could this be you?
- Background and strength in hardware development to design and evaluate acoustics components and systems with various types of transducers.
- Demonstrated expertise in software development and signal analysis for algorithm prototyping and measurements using simulation software such as MATLAB, Max DSP, Audition and Python’s numerical computation packages
- Audio prototype skills to integrate latest technologies like machine learning, beam-forming, filter design and be able to validate those
- Work with factory teams to bring-up audio line testing s/w and h/w
- Acoustic prototyping including experimentation in anechoic chambers, listening skill and passion in diagnosing problems and overall improve sound quality
- Digital signal processing (DSP), including adaptive filtering, active noise cancellation, word error rate and speech quality enhancements and how to optimize the performance of these algorithms in devices.
- Audio measurement tools, e.g. SoundCheck, Audio Precision, HEAD Acoustics ACQUA, Rohde & Schwartz CMU, Rohde & Schwartz UPV/UPL or similar
- Acoustic measurement instruments for telephony (HATS, handset positioners, artificial ear couplers, reference acoustic sources & microphones)
As an Audio System Specialist, you will fuse the integration of acoustic first principles with software technologies from concept to mass production. You will champion the ownership of system architectures and collaborate with multiple parties to solve technical challenges. The expectation would be for you to communicate acoustic & audio architecture ideas and concepts to related project teams and management. In addition, you will be expected to design, build and validate acoustic designs. This includes developing concepts on the digital signal processing architecture to ensure the overall audio product experience is second to none.
Education & Experience
Most of our engineers have advanced degrees in Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and/or an equivalent field -- but if you’ve followed a different path to expertise, we still want to hear from you.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.