Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The IS Data Services team is looking for a creative and motivated Database developer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. The work we do here has a large impact on Apple. It enables our internal businesses to do their best work, & provide rich, engaging experiences to our customers and partners. We would love to hear from you if you're enthusiastic, highly motivated, and want to make an impact! Open to relocation to: Austin, TX Elk Grove, CA Seattle, WA Dallas, TX Denver, CO Raleigh, NC
- 2+ years in demonstrated ability in developing ETL jobs for analyzing and processing high-volume data using Spark/Flink on AWS or similar cloud platform
- Expert knowledge of one or more object-oriented programming languages (Scala/Java)
- Proficient at schema design, data modeling concepts and SQL
- Excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- Ability to program in scripting languages such as Java, Scala etc.
- Experience with workflow management tools: Azkaban, Oozie, Airflow etc.
- Experience using NoSQL/columnar solutions like Cassandra, MongoDB, Single store
- Expert with streaming and batch data processing using Kafka or similar products
- Ability to learn and research new technologies rapidly
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working on multi-functional projects
- Developed large-scale backend storage systems
- Good written and oral communication skills
As a Software Developer you will be responsible for building the next generation of user experiences for various applications in IS Data services. You will be challenged to find creative solutions to technical problems, feel comfortable working with complex systems and large data sets, collaborating in a global environment. Attention to detail and a dedication to deliver a high-quality product is essential. To be successful you are self-motivated; driven to exceed commitments. You also need to exude strong collaboration skills and possess a strong passion to work in a growing, energizing environment of innovation. If you want to be part of this amazing team, this position is for you. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION: - Demonstrate stateful and stateless data processing techniques to build and extend robust join and aggregation pipelines - Develop scalability and workload isolation strategies for multi-tenant real-time data processing systems - Evolve client-server architectures to improve the availability, performance and latency of our services - Partner with SRE to triage, investigate, and remediate production issues - message processing and data replication using queuing systems like Kafka etc. - Deep understanding of distributed system architecture patterns - Independently identify problems and drive team or organization-wide consensus on solutions
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree with 2-4 years software development experience or Masters degree with 1-3 years software development experience, or equivalent.
- - Knowledge of Database(Relational) Systems
- - Additional understanding on Data Security is a plus
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The Data Engineer position starts at a minimum annual salary of $107,500. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.