Display Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do something different! Apple is looking for a world class engineer that can help identify and incubate new display technologies. You will work with both suppliers and internal teams at Apple to shape the display related technologies that go into Apple products. A successful candidate will not only need to identify new tech, but also educate a broad audience of people at Apple about their benefits and tradeoffs. This position is focusing on the identification, prototyping, and communication of display backplane technologies for future Apple products. The team features a diverse engineering roster including panel engineers, optical engineers, human perception experts, product design engineers, and experimental physicists. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self-motivated. A successful candidate needs to be a flexible thinker and be able to problem solve outside of their respective technical area.
- Engineering background in digital/analog/mix-mode IC. Strong understanding on display backplane related functional blocks, such as row/column drivers, ADC/DAC, LDO, output buffers etc.
- Engineering background in semiconductor process and device development, testing and validation.
- Engineering background in compact model development.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Track record with designing and conducting DOEs, data processing, and provide technical assessment.
- Hands-on layout design, pre/post layout simulation, and tape-out experience preferred.
- Hands-on experience & technical knowledge in the design and development of active matrix displays or other array-based systems preferred.
- Chip/panel architecture level design experience is a plus.
- Understanding of electrical-optical modeling of display-related emissive devices is a plus.
Explore and investigate new technologies for display applications. • Track and understand state-of-art display technologies, panel design, architecture, driving schemes, integrated circuitry and interface technologies. • Define electrical architecture that enables the best display performance through total system optimization and optimization of each key component, including pixel design, active matrix addressing, integrated circuits, power architecture, driver/panel interface, and high-speed interface from a host system. • Effectively communicate the advantages, disadvantage, and risks of designs. • Conduct panel layout design, electrical modeling, and integrated simulation to validate both electrical and optical performances. Tape-out display panel designs. • Assess display performance. • Shepard technologies into both external supplier and internal product roadmaps. • Manage domestic and/or international vendors.
Education & Experience
MS / PHD