Applied ML Scientist - Maps Search
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps are being used by millions of users every single day and powers thousands of applications. As a fundamental tool for human activity, Maps technology is evolving and new techniques are emerging. As a part of Apple Maps search team, you will play a big part in the next revolution in maps to enable users to find things in maps by working in a high-performing and collaborative environment. This is a unique opportunity that sits at the cutting-edge of user experience, product, machine learning and natural language understanding. You will have plenty of opportunities to create groundbreaking technologies to improve the search quality and user experience for millions of Apple Maps users worldwide .
- Desire to solve challenging problems at the intersection of user experience, applied ML and computational algorithms.
- Experience in one or more of search engine, recommendations, natural language processing, personalization or similar applied ML domain.
- Passionate about consistently improving user experience by collaborating with Product team in design of user facing components.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, C++, or equivalent.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The goal of Maps Search team is to take Apple’s Maps to the next level of intelligence and accuracy using advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques. Engineers and scientists on this team work on a wide spectrum of approaches in improving search experience on Apple Maps. You would work on providing best end user experience building scalable search system including indexing and query execution to power maps search. You would work on applied natural language processing algorithms to understand user query and intent. You would work on applied machine learning algorithms and models that help improve search relevance and experience. You would also work on developing scalable tools and platform foundations that enable other engineers and scientists to develop, evaluate and release algorithms, models and features quickly. We impact millions of users by developing a phenomenal product with a prime focus on accuracy, quality and performance of the product. This position involves a wide variety of skills and innovation, and is a unique opportunity that sits at the cutting-edge of user experience, information retrieval, machine learning and natural language understanding. Ultimately, your work would have a huge impact on millions of users across the globe.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience/knowledge of large scale machine learning applied to very large and diverse datasets (preferred).
- Experience/knowledge of search, natural language processing, and related fields (preferred).