AR Applications Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Our organization is looking for a Software Engineer who wants to meaningfully impact the lives of our users. This team is working with some of Apple’s most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML), and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to drive future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Proficiency in a programming language such as C, C++, Objective-C, Swift, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Enthusiastic about working on a cross functional team
- Creativity, passion and excitement for building products that positively impact the lives of our users
- Attention to details for delivering high quality experiences
- Experience developing 3D or AR/VR applications or games is a big plus
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to develop high-quality experiences using bleeding edge technology that will meaningfully impact the lives of our users. We work closely with Apple's Human Interface design team and our internal framework teams to define and develop high-impact applications for Apple platforms. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. You will be researching and developing an entirely new application paradigm - a challenge that will demand rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing code quality or attention to details. You will need a keen understanding of 3D applications or are eager to learn this new skill. You will work closely with artists, designers and engineers to define and prove new application concepts and UX paradigms, and solve incredibly challenging and interesting problems in the AR/VR space. As a member of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to explore a new world of uncharted possibilities and bring new experiences to life.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as ARKit, UIKit, RealityKit, HealthKit, Core Motion, Metal etc.
- Excellent understanding of the practical applications of linear algebra
- Familiarity with other AR SDKs such as ARCore, Vuforia or similar tools.
- Proficiency with Unity, Unreal, or similar 3D engines.