Watch Touch HW - Sensing Design and Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensing Technologies. The Sensing Systems teams integrates MEMS, magnetic, and capacitive sensors across a variety of Apple products such as iPhones, iPads, MacBooks. Bring devices to life and enable them interact with users and the environment in ways never imagined before. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet! The sensing team is looking for someone who knows analog, has board-level design experience and is a dedicated go-getter!
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, ME, and Physics principles
- Strong EE fundamentals and experience with analog/mixed signal design
- Proven working proficiency in algorithms development / signal processing as applied to sensor systems
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling / scripting tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with collaboration and leadership skills
- Familiarity with mechanical design principles, FEA, and advanced materials is a plus
- Proficiency in COMSOL, Maxwell, or similar FEA tools is a plus
- Analog circuit design experience required
- Experience with scripting languages (MATLAB, Python etc.) required
- Knowledge of electrical, thermal, and mechanical systems is preferred
- Experience with high volume mass production is a plus
You will develop and maintain comprehensive, multi-functional sensor system models to inform decisions. You will work with your peers on system integration challenges such as sensor and module design as well as co-existence analysis and mitigations. You will work on a cross-disciplinary team for feature definition, block-level simulation, and spec authorship of sensor modules. You will propose and negotiate multi-functional requirements to guarantee module performance. Develop of detailed module architecture specifications based on first principles analysis and complex engineering trade-offs. Lead efforts for future sensor technologies. Analyze engineering and production datasets in order to reconcile system models with real-world measurements. Work with test teams to ensure sensors are tested and calibrated to specification. Collaborate with firmware and algorithm teams to develop advanced algorithms to ensure module performance meets user experience requirements. Work closely with the mechanical engineering team in optimizing material and mechanical design trade-offs. Help mentor and lead junior engineers as they grow into leaders of their own. Author regular technical communication for executive and multi-functional briefings. Up to 10% travel required (this % may vary by team).
Education & Experience
MSc +4 years or PhD + 1 year industry experience in Electrical Engineering work.