Senior Database Engineer
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we are looking for a hardworking Database Engineer to help lead large-scale data store environments. This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions to ever-growing business and data processing needs. If you love to take on internet-scale challenges, this is the right job for you! Dynamic, inquisitive people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norms here. We enable engineers to build great products! This team provides database solutions to Maps, Siri, Music, iCloud, App Store, Hardware, and Software Engineering. Open to relocation to: Austin, TX Elk Grove, CA Seattle, WA Dallas, TX Denver, CO Raleigh, NC
- Validated experience in crafting, implementing, and supporting MPP database systems like Teradata, Redshift, Vertica, Greenplum, etc, at Petabyte scale
- Confirmed knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong production debugging and performance tuning skills
- Should be independent and able to communicate efficiently and work with multi-functional teams
- Excellent Automation skills using Python, Go
- Good understanding of Linux OS concepts and Unix Shell
- Third-party cloud experience with certification is a plus
We are looking to hire extraordinary individuals with MPP or Distributed databases experience to join the Global Data Services team join our SingleStore database platform. In this role, you will help build and run the SingleStore platform that delivers Apple services to all of its customers worldwide and help us create the Apple experience globally. THE EXPECTATIONS FROM THE JOB POSITION WOULD BE: - You will be responsible for the schema design and administration of the SingleStore platform - Database Infrastructure Setup, Configuration, upgrading/Patching, Monitoring, and solving problems - Responsible for ETL of Data using Kafka - Build the automation scripts for database infrastructure using Python - Implementing standard methodologies for DR and Backups - Measurement and optimization of system performance capacity planning and forecast management - Be able to do performance benchmarking between either two versions of the same database technology or two different database technologies - Position may require 12x7 on-call support rotation with other team members. - AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate is nice to have
Education & Experience
BE/B-Tech or ME/M-Tech in Computer Science / related fields or equivalent work experience.
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The Senior Database Engineer position starts at a minimum annual salary of $107,500. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.