Senior Cloud Engineer - Apple Cloud Technologies
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Software Engineer to focus on building secure continuous integration and delivery platforms, supporting our user’s SDLC experience. Our team is responsible for developing tools to manage and mitigate risks faced by Apple when deploying complex, mission critical applications. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in managing infrastructure and applications across data centers and cloud services. The successful candidate will design and implement new approaches and tools for continuous delivery within Cloud Technologies @ Apple, and partner with product and development teams across Apple. This position requires practical knowledge of automation, software engineering, operations, security concepts, and technologies. Understanding the security challenges of the platform will be the key focus for this role. Given that the security space is constantly evolving, drive to apply and learn new technologies will be another key asset. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets of customers that use the platform will be equally critical to ensure the business units are successful. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working on this leading edge and constantly changing space.
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies.
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Java/Python/Go/Ruby/Perl for automation or integration with multiple APIs (REST, etc).
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc).
- Experience with containerization.
- Experience with application and service monitoring tools and techniques.
- Experience working with open source projects.
- Strong project management skills, including excellent presentation development.
- Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, capable of working with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management, in a professional manner.
Create, manage and integrate software to automate and secure public cloud environments. Develop solutions that can support large capacity and scale reliably, in a 24/7 environment. Collaborate with the Information Security operational teams to support monitoring capabilities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent, hands-on technology experience in large enterprise environments.
- Experience with Kubernetes.