Debug Tools Software QA
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, inquisitive people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Apple’s Silicon Validation Team drives validation, characterization and debug of Apple products. We are searching for an engineer to plan and execute software QA testing and development in the context of our silicon debug tool ecosystem. You will be responsible for architecting the QA environment from ground-up using industry-standard tools and methodologies. You will be working with a dynamic team utilizing your knowledge and skills to help ensure the success of Apple products.
- Experience with the Unix/Linux command line interface and shell scripting (Bash, Bourne, etc.)
- Experience testing APIs such as GraphQL, REST
- Experience using browser test automation software such as Selenium, Cypress, etc.
- Experience writing unit tests and integration testsExperience working with databases such as MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git.
As a debug tools software QA engineer you will build the QA infrastructure and process for testing of our silicon debug tools and services. You will help define test strategy and lead the creation of automated tests for functional, system, regression and end-to-end testing. Your contributions will positively impact rapid targeted debug and triage of Apple products.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant work experience is required
- •A passion for QA automation
- •Knowledge of current and up-coming QA technologies/frameworks
- •Understanding of performance and scalability testing
- •Understanding of continuous integration and build concepts
- •Prior experience architecting a software QA infrastructure is a plus