Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Software Engineer to focus on building opinionated Kubernetes tooling. Our team is responsible for simplifying adoption and ownership of Kubernetes, minimizing effort and cognitive load, enabling our engineering partners to focus on solving problems for Apple customers.
- Strong Kubernetes knowledge and experience.
- Experience with developer tooling and containerization.
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies.
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Java/Python/Go/Ruby and API patterns such as REST/gRPC.
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Experience working with open source projects.
- Strong project management skills, including excellent presentation development.
- Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, capable of working with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management, in a professional manner.
This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in managing infrastructure and applications across data centers and cloud services. The successful candidate will design and implement new capabilities and tools for Kubernetes within Cloud Technologies. This position requires practical knowledge of Kubernetes, public cloud platforms, software engineering, operations and automation. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets of customers who use the platform will be equally critical to ensure collective success. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic, and passionate engineers working on this leading edge and constantly changing space.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 5+ years of equivalent, hands-on technology experience designing, implementing, and operating mission-critical infrastructure tools and services
- Knowledge of Go, Java or similar.