Wireless Charging Engineer- San Diego
San Diego, California, United States
We believe the future is powered by Wireless! The mission of the Wireless Power Technology team - Create the world’s best Wireless Charging user- experience by inventing state-of-the-art technologies. We develop effortless and safe Wireless Charging designs that are central to Apple’s products - the iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods! New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of individuals. Are you in for the challenges? We are looking for a senior system integration engineer that leads the integration of the inductive technology into products in the partnership with multiple discipline teams including but not limited to architecture, FW, system EE, silicon, noise and vibration, safety, thermal, reliability, operations , regulatory teams and more.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in system definition, integration, prototyping and validation. New grad considered for the role.
- Solid EE fundamentals in both analog and digital design and comfortable with tackling new challenges with the critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Circuit level simulation experience in EE simulation platforms like Cadence/ADS/LTspice etc is a plus.
- Familiar with various communication protocols (USB, SPMI, SPI, I2C and UART) and low power embedded systems, e.g. ARM Core Processors
- Desire to develop and execute test plans, analyze test logs/results, and report status
- Debugging failure cross functionally with Software/Firmware, System Hardware and Silicon teams
- Knowledge and experience in Power electronics and direct wireless charging is a plus.
- Proficient in data collection, data analysis, and statistical analysis tools (e.g. Python, Matlab).
- Prior hands-on automation script development and optimization (using C, Python).
- Experience working with cross functional FW partners.
- Experience in high volume products from concept to end, and working with contract manufacturers
- Team player, great communication skills and ability to lead multiple-discipline team to make the design tradeoff based the information available in a timely manner
You will be developing, designing and validating wireless power systems. You will be expected to meet a high standard for analysis, and manufacturing discipline, and work with cross functional teams to pass all specifications and requirements necessary to ship a product. Write specifications, and test plans for both hardware and FW. Define tests, test limits, perform failure analysis and corrective actions. Guide the team in the development of necessary algorithms, state-transition diagrams/flowcharts and analysis for each regime of operation Experience with high volume mass production is a plus.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in relevant EE field, Masters preferred At least 1 year of relevant technical work in industry. New graduates considered for the role.