Reliability Engineer - Requirement & FMEA Lead - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As the requirement & FMEA lead in the Reliability team at SPG (Special Projects Group), you will be responsible for supporting design teams with defining reliability requirements as well as owning the FMEA process. This position will ensure module/system DFMEAs are developed and integrated efficiently and are aligned with requirements. This will enable timely identification of risks and appropriate actions throughout development activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in FMEA methodology.
- High level of proficiency and experience using APIS IQ Software.
- Solid electrical and mechanical engineering fundamentals and understanding of relevant degradation mechanisms.
- Understanding of health monitoring and reliability projection methodologies.
- Understanding of IT database structures.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead small cross-functional teams.
- Experienced in presentations and moderation techniques.
In this role, you will lead the efforts in ensuring reliability requirements are defined, link to top-level requirements and documented in the requirement database. You will also be the primary owner of the FMEA process, responsible for FMEA tool tactics (APIS IQ) as well as developing internal training material and training users. Other key responsibilities include : -Go-to person to help cross functional teams meet FMEA deliverables. -Assure FMEAs are properly structured and stored in the database. -Influence and navigate conflicting priorities across various program functions - design, validation, process, operations, etc. -Manage integration of multiple complex FMEAs. -Form cross-functional teams to audit/review FMEAs. -Monitor open FMEA recommended actions to completion. -Lead monthly FMEA feedback loop meetings and track FMEA updates. Maintain version control and single source of truth between requirements and FMEA database.
Education & Experience
Masters in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of experience as a reliability engineer in an R&D environment.