Accessibility Software Quality Assurance Engineer -Retail Online Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The worldwide Retail & Online Stores (R&OS) team is looking for a hardworking and talented Accessibility Quality Engineer to test products and applications on macOS, iOS, and Web. You will be responsible for testing and ensuring the quality of major frameworks for an e- Commerce system that is up 24/7, as well as being an authority in accessibility covering VoiceOver, Smart Invert, Dynamic Type, full keyboard access, color/contrast, and more. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a meaningful fast-paced environment and will use the newest technology to automate solutions and deliver outcomes across all of Apple's innovative products, including Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and AirPods/ Beats line of products. Apple strives to make the newest technologies accessible for blind, low-vision, hearing-impaired, and motor-impaired users. We are looking for someone with established QA experience both in manual testing and automation with a focus on accessi- bility testing so the work we deliver has access to all users of their abilities.
- Experience in Quality Engineering, with focus in e-commerce/web applications.
- Specialist in crafting test plans and test cases with thorough knowledge in Accessibility testing using features like dynamic type, color contrast, color blind.
- Strong working knowledge of WCAG guidelines and WAI-ARIA.
- Strong first-hand experience in testing with assistive technologies, including screen readers such as VoiceOver, JAWS, and NVDA.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of macOS and iOS VoiceOver and other accessibil- ity features.
- Familiarity with accessibility features on mobile devices.
- Quality communication skills in listening, open-mindedness, cohesion, and clarity.
- Experience managing and integrating test automation into various points in a deployment pipeline..
Create test plan, develop manual/automated cross-functional tests, report bugs, and assess overall product quality of Online Store frameworks across Apple's existing and new products from the standpoint of accessibility. Work with Agile team ensuring high quality delivery for each sprint and confirming to user story acceptance criteria. Provide leadership in testing, troubleshooting, and implementing accessibility features. Work closely with engineers, project managers, and x-functional teams throughout software lifecycle in successfully de-livering accessibility features across projects. Communicate detailed QA status to the team and report any escalations in a timely manner. Ability to analyze crash logs, backtraces, and assist engineers with utilizing debugging techniques. Be able to describe accessibility issues and recommendations for resolving them to non subject matter expert engineers. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Human Interaction, or relevant work experience In-depth understanding of existing accessibility standards, such as the W3 Web Content Ac- cessibility Guidelines 2.1, Level AA standard