Content Developer Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Development Programs team is seeking an experienced leader to manage a team of content developers to build targeted functional and proficiency based training content that supports the growth and development of AppleCare Support employees in a non-Advisor role. This position is located on-site at the Apple campus in Austin, Texas.
- Inspiring leadership skills with a record of building and maintaining hard-working teams.
- Proven capability in project management, assessment, and reporting.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience designing training programs for mid to high level Individual Contributors and Managers to support functional, and core competency skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies for classroom based, self-guided, and virtual training
- The ability to work under deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timeframes
- Curious and forward thinking, with passion to improve and simplify processes
- Relationships with managers across the AppleCare training team and managers across AppleCare.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with web-authoring tools, graphics design, or multimedia preferred
- Experience with online collaboration tools preferred
- Experience with developing and managing training content in multiple languages preferred.
The manager will lead the day-to-day operations for the Development programs team. Areas of responsibility include: People Management: - Provide direction and guidance to content development team; ensure the team completes the training roadmap. - Conduct regular 1:1s and development discussions with team members. - Fuel an innovative and committed environment consistent with Apple’s culture. - Assess, empower, and drive overall team performance. Business Engagement and Partnership: - Engage and consult with business leaders to align the development programs roadmap to the organization’s strategic goals - Collaborate with business-led project teams on need for and design of training programs and curriculum - Collaborate with in geo training delivery managers to ensure the programs we design are deployed in-country as intended - Participate in and contribute to Sr level project initiatives Program Ownership: - Execute on the existing development roadmap and efficiently / appropriately respond to changes in business priorities - Coordinate, implement, and supervise scalable solutions and programs to grow manager capability - Evaluate, supervise, and report on impact of programs to senior leadership and collaborators. - Identify new and apply existing opportunities to improve program measures
Education & Experience
Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree