WW Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here at Apple! Retail Real Estate is responsible for a global portfolio of more than 500, of the most iconic retail stores in the world. Our retail stores are Apple’s largest product and our team goes to great lengths to leave no detail behind as we represent the Apple brand, Apple values, and our determination to excel in all we do. The Engineering team is a small nimble group that provides strategy and programs, develops and maintains design standards, and provides trusted technical guidance to a many business partners across the Retail organization and beyond. A major focus of this work is in support of new store construction.
- - Expert in MEPFP system design, construction and commissioning including knowledge and understanding of building codes and laws. International experience preferred.
- - Expert knowledge in technical/engineering operations and asset management standard methodologies.
- - Competence in building management system engineering including the ability to write control sequences for a wide variety of MEP systems; Experience with BACnet and Automated Logic preferred.
- - Ability to prioritize, plan, delegate and implement strategies, programs, and projects for optimal outcomes.
- - Dedication to identifying and communicating innovative ideas in a way that influences, gains consensus and builds partnership.
- - Proven track record to work independently without direction and balance multiple assignments at a time.
You will be a leader in all aspects of MEPFP engineering and act as a key trusted partner to Apple Retail Stores by enhancing the depth and breadth of the our team. You will work closely with the real estate, design, development and preservation teams to ensure delivery of efficient MEPFP systems. Lead geo based consultants performing providing project level technical support and peer reviews of consultant designs as well as geo based commission agents to ensure high uptime of all systems once in operation. Supervise and ensure feedback from the project execution process is relayed back to the design standards in a timely manner to maintain the highest quality possible. Work with the broader retail teams including real estate, global energy and sustainability, sourcing as well as external manufacturers and suppliers to drive energy and carbon reduction. Play a key role in developing and conduct training for Apple’s internal teams and external partners on Engineering and Technology programs related to engineering design standards. Contribute to executive-facing presentations and updates for the Retail Leadership Team including annual business plans, quarterly priorities, and critical metric performance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering preferred
- - Minimum 7 years of experience in a lead design role for Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Life safety systems. 10+ years highly desired.
- - 3+ years of commissioning and/or retro-commissioning experience preferred (concurrent with above ok)
- - LEED AP, Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and Certified Facility Manager (CFM) or similar preferred
- - Domestic and international travel required