Silicon Technologies Engineering Program Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Are you a leader? Do you want to apply your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? As a Silicon Engineering Program Manager, within the Hardware Technology organization, you will be responsible for leading a wireless connectivity engineering organization to specify, develop and validate innovative wireless silicon for application in multiple Apple products. Imagine yourself at the center of our hardware development effort. Where you will collaborate with all fields, playing a strategic role of getting functional Silicon to Apple products. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and technical skills who work well in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and also have a desire to learn, develop and build on technical expertise during product development. Our environment cultivates product innovation, rapid product iteration, and a liberating amount of autonomy.
- 10+ years of experience in chip design or technology process development.
- Good knowledge SoC/ASIC chip design life cycle, tools/flows and methodologies.
- Track record of hands-on Technical Program Management or Engineering Chip lead/manager
- Extraordinary teammate and creative problem solver who is able to lead technical teams, multi-functional groups against plans.
- Excellent communications skills – both written and oral
- Experience with wireless technologies is a plus
- Work closely with chip Integration and system teams to drive high level achievements - Ability to multi-task and lead designs across several projects at a time. - Close technical requirements with Apple System teams, handle issues, and track bugs - Pull together regular project status presentations for multi-functional executive reviews. - Drive resolution of technical issues between multi-functional teams: Technology/Library, IP owners, Design, DV, PD, HW and SW teams. - Convert large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to organizations at all levels. - Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution. - Track project schedule for all phases of Silicon-on-Chip design from IP and System definition to Design, Prototyping, Silicon/System Bring-up and Production.
Education & Experience
• MS or BS Degree in technical discipline