Art Director, Retail Engagement and Marketing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an experienced Art Director to join the Retail Engagement and Marketing team. This role will be instrumental in developing both creative strategy and visual identity for internal communications, events and experiences that would inspire and empower the work of Retail teams worldwide. The Art Director will lead and create global and localized content across platforms and mediums, working closely with strategists, experience designers, creative writers, digital editors, and videographers. You will do everything from conceptualizing to reviewing creative work, serving as a strong voice, educator, and leader of others. We are looking for a versatile individual, that will be core to developing and implementing a variety of projects and deliverables — from motion graphics, to illustration, photography, 3D renderings and video. As our ideal candidate, you are a creative thinker and visual communicator, capable of turning complex business problems into simple yet inspiring creative solutions. You have experience with editorial content, deep knowledge of user experience, and are able to iterate multiple concepts and creative solutions within an established design aesthetic.
- 8+ years of agency or in-house digital designer and Art Director experience, delivering creative work across a variety of digital and traditional touch-points. Experience with global media, tech or cultural-impact brands is preferred.
- Ability to creative direct all work, whether through external agencies, freelance vendors, or internal production resources.
- Extensive experience developing ideas and assets across all platforms and channels.
- A deep understanding of typography and design for mobile and web.
- Demonstrated user-centric approach to design.
- Passion for experimentation and innovation, demonstrated interest in Web 3.0.
- Experience driving creative alignment with leadership and partners.
- Ability to confidently present creative work to multiple teams and leadership.
- A broad cultural awareness and sharp understanding of news, trends and entertainment media across multiple markets.
- Proficiency in the latest macOS and iOS platforms. Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch app.
- Great teammate who can work in a collaborative environment with global teams in multiple time zones.
As an Art Director, you will be part of the global visual design team, developing creative strategies from conception to execution, creating compelling content with a strong editorial perspective, and informing and inspiring a global Retail team of over 70,000. You will help shape Internal Communications and Events’ visual identity and creative strategy, and oversee art direction and execution of conceptual designs. Responsibilities include brainstorming and presenting concepts, iterating mockups and completing deliverables based on creative briefs and partnerships with the project teams and business partners. Deliverables could include original conceptual artwork, wireframes, layout mockups, creative approach presentations, and production of visual assets. You will team up with communication strategists, interactive designers, writers, producers and publishers, and lead the creative approach. You must have seasoned experience working in an iterative process, collaborating with various business partners and receiving and responding promptly to feedback from leadership.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required in a design related field, such as graphic design or visual communication.
- Portfolio and references are required.