Wireless FPGA Prototype Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As an FPGA Prototype Design Engineer, you will be at the center of the silicon design group with a meaningful role getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. Wouldn’t you love a dynamic yet challenging role as an FPGA Prototype Design Engineer here at Apple?
- We’d like you to have:
- Good knowledge in modern design techniques and SOC, ASIC implementation
- Experienced with large and latest FPGA development on Xilinx or Altera devices
- Very familiar with Xilinx’s build flow including design entry in Verilog, synthesis, place and route, timing constraints and timing closure
- Experience with verification methodologies, RTL and gate level simulation and debug
- System Verilog, scripting and modeling language (e.g python, perl, tcl)
- Hands on experience with lab debug equipment, such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzer
- Solid background in computer architecture including one or more of the followings:
- 1. Bus fabric, especially APB/AHB/AXI, USB, I2C, SPI
- 2. Tiered memory systems
- 3. System debug architecture
- 4. Power management with multiple power domains
- Track record of bringing logic designs into mass production
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under fast-paced and challenging environment
- Excellent communication skills and self-motivation/organization
- Experience with emulation platform and multi-FPGA partitioning desired
- Ability to drive strong production test/QA methodologies a plus
In this role, you will work in a team developing signal processing intensive design for wireless communication SoCs, including: - System- and hardware-level definition - ASIC prototyping from requirement to implementation and lab debug - FPGA Synthesis and timing constraints, timing closure - Develop and maintain ASIC prototyping methodology and flow - Synchronizing between SW, verification and design groups - Collaborate with pre-silicon and post-silicon bring-up/validation efforts for better ASIC prototyping efficiency
Education & Experience
BS required, MSEE/PhD preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.