Legal Counsel - Maps
Austin, Texas, United States
This position has potential flexibility to sit in Cupertino, CA or Austin, TX. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed to support Apple Maps throughout the world. This is a great opportunity to work on a product used by millions worldwide.
- 4+ years of relevant legal experience advising on technology product-related issues and negotiating and drafting technology transactions.
- Excellent listening, communication, and analytical skills.
- Sound judgment, interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and excellent time management.
- Enjoys building client relationships and working closely with various teams, such as engineering, design, business, and operations, and at all levels.
- Self-starter who is curious and enjoys providing practical legal solutions in a fast-paced environment for a variety of matters.
- Ability to see beyond the detailed question asked to the larger issue and future implications.
- Experience with international legal and regulatory compliance issues, privacy issues, and open source and open data issues is desirable.
- Experience working with mapping technology is desirable.
In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for supporting and advising Apple Maps’ engineering, design, business, and operations teams on a wide variety of matters, including licensing and other transactional matters, regulatory issues, and feature/technology development. The ideal candidate will bring experience in the areas of licensing, intellectual property law, software and internet-related law, and product advising. This position requires excellent communication, analytical, legal research, negotiation and drafting skills, the ability to work well with cross-functional teams, and great interpersonal skills.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar