AI/ML Data Curation Engineer (Italian) Siri Language Technologies
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
Apple's Machine Learning and AI team transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. The Siri and Languages Technologies team build high quality solutions for all of Apple’s international customers, and deliver them to their favorite Apple devices, in over 40 languages and dialects. Join us and drive data quality to help our language engineers bring Siri to more users than ever before.
- Native speaker fluency and cultural awareness of Italian
- Able to read code and write scripts (e.g Python)
- Highly organized with attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Awareness of ML, NLP, TTS, or speech recognition technologies
- Ability to understand and prioritize tasks and issues.
- Outstanding communication skills.
As the Siri International curation lead for your language, you will be responsible for the supervision of annotation projects that will shape the natural language models that enable Siri. You will be required to interact with several world class teams of experts at Apple, and to periodically report accuracy metrics that speak to the quality of Siri. We are looking for demonstrated ability to be creative, take ownership of a project, and a knack for solving problems that stump most accuracy improvement projects. Having worked on shipping products and being familiar with the rush to the finish line is highly desired. This is an opportunity to durably shape the future of human - computer interaction, and walk the state-of-the-art of a nascent field. Specific responsibilities will include: - Drive and supervise natural language curation tasks and team sync-ups. - Report and own language specific accuracy metrics. - Track documentation for natural language conventions and processes. - Review other team members work and provide feedback. - Support trainees and annotations team during their training phase. - Deliver hands-on data annotation tasks. - Track, analyze, and report systematic issue to QA.
Education & Experience
B.S/MSc in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace