AI/ML Language Engineer (Italian) Siri Language Technologies
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
The AI/ML Global Product Experiences team creates groundbreaking user experiences across Siri locales using machine learning, natural language processing and modern software development. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people are connected to the information they are looking for and the apps they love to use through various devices. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting environement, privacy preserving ML and software technologies. You will have an opportunity to imagine and build products and features that delight our customers every day, worldwide.
- Strong product-sense and driven by end user-experience
- Quick learner who can pickup new technology stacks and be able to deliver features
- Appetite to dig into data/logs and features to debug any level of system failures
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work independently as well as in a team; can take feedback and iterate on a solution in a collaborative environment
- Full stack - experienced with building, contributing to, and maintaining high quality large scale applications
- Can write performant, clean and effective code following software engineering best practices
- Strong - software development and coding proficiency in Swift/Obj-C, Go, Python
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including unit testing and release management
- Contributing to large multi-developers, high volume changes and quality codebase
- Test-first, metrics driven* and quality oriented mentality
- Experience setting up *continuous Integration* systems with quality gating
- Ability to identify, measure, and track *key performance indicators* of development processes
We are responsible for the end to end user experiences of Global Siri. As a language engineer you can deal with ambiguity well, designs large scale systems, write high quality code and are comfortable in contributing code to both legacy and new systems. Excellent communication skills will be required to coordinate work across multiple teams. Specific responsibilities include: * Analyzing data and making data driven decisions to improve the user experience for specific markets * Conducting end to end quality or feature improvements — from problem space analysis and KPIs definition, ideation, prototyping to delivering and measuring success * Working with product, design and client-side teams to ensure a great user experience * Designing and implementing language-specific and language agnostic user experiences through natural language and visual interactions that provide intelligent user assistance
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- * Experience in production/shipping Machine learning and/or Natural Language Processing based applications
- * Exposure to designing and implementing large scale data pipelines, distributed computing platform and technologies such as AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, MapReduce or similar
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace