Autonomy Algorithms EPM, SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a world-class Engineering Program Manager to join the Special Projects Group and focus on algorithms for autonomous technologies in a robotics environment. This individual will be part of a team that is responsible for a critical set of software capabilities that include algorithms particularly in machine learning and artificial intelligence, and system integrations spanning multi-disciplinary engineering teams. You’ll join a fantastic team of talented engineers and researchers with deep experience in robotics, machine learning, and software engineering. You will develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple technology. We hope you’re excited about the values that drive us: - Passion for the mission: We’re here to make something great. We take on whatever work is right and strive for the best possible results. - Humility: The right answer is more important than being right. We search for solutions as a team and value clear-eyed feedback. - Lean habits: You can’t grow without limits. Time constraints and big goals encourage us to sharpen our focus and learn to make great decisions.
- 5+ years of technical program or project management experience
- Critical thinker with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to provide strategic analysis
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining product roadmaps with competing customer needs
- Experience leading teams to align on goals, develop integration plans, and monitor/control execution
- Experience managing machine learning and artificial intelligence projects is recommended
- Partner with engineering teams to set strategic direction and drive the research, development, and integration of machine learning technologies - Drive program development including scope definition, resourcing, scheduling and execution - Establish measurable goals that align with the long term-vision and routinely update stakeholders on plans and progress - Identify and resolve conflicts, dependencies and program issues quickly, efficiently and effectively - Understand and concisely communicate complex research or engineering issues to varying audiences
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or equivalent required.