Emulation CAD Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our HW Technology org, you’ll help design our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions! Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices! Emulation CAD engineering plays a major role in creating, maintaining and promoting a robust system of advanced emulation environments our customers heavily rely on in accomplishing mission critical verification for our chips. You will work very closely with the core emulation team as well as with digital verification team in making the emulation platform more palatable for long simulation workloads. You will have the opportunity to support and promote our virtual prototype solution for faster bring-up as well as provide an even faster verification platform for our chips. This role requires close collaboration with the core emulation team, Design, DV, Power, Silicon Validation, Performance and Software teams.
- Typically requires at least 5+ years of experience.
- Experience in Verilog and System Verilog is a plus.
- Expertise in TCL and PERL is required.
- Emulation experience on any available platforms, Palladium, Veloce or Zebu, including compilation, debug, performance and throughput tuning is a plus
- Xilinx and Altera FPGA experience is a plus
- Machine Learning experience is a plus
- Strong software development background.
- Must have good communication skills, previous customer support is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with co-developing an existing system.
- You will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing an existing system of emulation environment. - You will utilize your debugging experience to debug vendor tool problems and interact with emulation customers to help solve their problems. - You will work with the leading emulation vendors to debug issues
Education & Experience
MS /BS degree in a technical field.