RCC Fraud Prevention Specialist
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
At Apple, we believe that hard work, a fun environment, creativity and innovation fuel the ultimate customer experience. We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, engage and inspire – and that by focusing on the smallest of details, we can make big impacts with our customers. Building this environment starts with you! The Retail Customer Care (RCC) team is seeking an individual with advanced analytical and research skills to join the team as a Fraud Prevention Specialist. We enhance the overall customer experience by expertly and accurately analyzing transaction data to identify & stop fraudulent activity and determine appropriate next steps. This position is located on-site at the Apple campus in Austin, Texas.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Fraud Prevention role and experience in digital goods, payments, and/or banking industry is required
- Ability to identify behaviors and patterns of risky transactions using advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to make outbound/take inbound customer calls
- Exceptional in complex web research
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Ability to make independent and sound decisions quickly
- Customer-focused individuals with an eye for identifying outliers among data sets
- Ability to provide feedback on process and procedures
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in high-stress/fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work a schedule from 7:00 am to 10:00pm (Central) within a 7-day work week, including holidays, with additional flexibility during high volume times of the year
On this team, we are adept at dealing with ambiguity. We are looking for a hardworking, self-motivated individual who thrives in an environment of complexity, is passionate about making things better, and is amazing at connecting data to protect Apple and its customers. In this highly transactional role, you will use your advanced analytical and research skills to make sound decisions quickly in order to mitigate fraudulent activity. You should possess exemplary interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and collaboratively in a diverse environment with minimal supervision. While the majority of daily tasks involved in this position are handled individually, teamwork is highly critical in learning the role, staying current with procedures/trends, and in building and maintaining a successful group
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.