Physical Production Executive
Newport Beach, California, United States
Our creative team is seeking an experienced Production Executive to help lead all aspects of physical production as part of our growing content efforts, both in-house and with our external partners. This is an opportunity to help us build a team from the ground up, working on premium content around the world.
- The right candidate will have 8 or more years of experience as a Producer, Production Manager and/or Production Executive at a large production company, major studio or network.
- We need a team-player, able to handle a myriad of responsibilities across a diverse slate of projects at various points in production (from development through delivery).
- Identify and solve physical production issues strategically and in a timely manner while upholding the creative vision of the project.
- This is a fast paced, dynamic and high-volume position that requires a proactive problem solver who is able to prioritize, pivot when vital, and exercise good judgment.
- Proficiency in Movie Magic Budgeting/Scheduling, Word and Excel is required.
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising a wide variety of content both scripted and non-scripted as projects go in to prep/production; specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: Collaborating with Creative, Finance, Legal and Post-Production departments as well as outside producing partners to set up a global production plan, master schedule, workflow and maximization of budget spend. Supervise/build and help communicate the production and post-production schedule. Collaborate with internal departments, and articulate specific notes/changes to production schedule to producers, until schedule is locked. Work with Producers and Line Producers to help inform and vet show budgets based on scripts, evaluate viability and risks of shows on a case by case basis. Regularly work with teams to lock budget, track and manage costs, and ensure that productions run efficiently, on budget, and that deadlines are met. Collaborate with producers to find and hire key production staff and determine appropriate vendors who are the best suited for each project. This includes ensuring we meet production needs from locations and budgets to tax incentive maximization. Engage internal and external Legal departments to resolve issues that arise from clearance, insurance, and labor. Maintain production policies and procedures on all projects with the ability to adapt to new processes when required.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- - Strong leader with a team first approach to collaboration. We are a small but growing team that fosters a positive environment that we value.
- - Someone who understands the daily highs and lows of building something from the ground up and takes pride in the effort and process as much as the result.