Cloud Network Software Engineer- SRE
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Our Cloud Networking team builds and operates Software-defined network platforms that work at scale to deliver a multi-Cloud network and security with global footprint. We are a fast growing team at forefront of shaping Apple’s hybrid cloud network abstractions. We are looking for an entrepreneurial network SWE-SRE who can bootstrap Cloud Network solutions to support Apple's Internet services such as iCloud, Siri, and Online Store. If you are passionate about operational excellence and reliability then our team might be the right place for you. If you want to be part of a story that will transform the way we do networking at Apple, then we might be a good match for you!
- Minimum 5 years of experience in production system building
- Minimum 5 years of experience doing hands on development with Go/ C/C++,/Java
- Experience in operationalizing large scale distributed systems
- Hands-on experience with network web services/APIs from AWS and GCP
- Good understanding of K8s, containers, build systems and infrastructure as code
Operational scale and reliability will be your mantra here. You will work closely with our development team to accelerate risk free continuous deployment to production. The role entails building a broad spectrum of services that include infrastructure automation, operational intelligence and optimization. You will be expected to practice and champion excellent software development principles, while also being tier-3 escalation support for production issues and being part of the weekly on-call rotation team. The role requires extreme ownership and a hands-on leader who has a relentless passion and enthusiasm for building elegant and powerful tools for solving complex problems at scale.
Education & Experience
BS and MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- • Team player who is excited to work with members having highly diverse technical background
- • Self-motivated in pursuing the objective goals and having a high tolerance for ambiguity
- • Expertise with host networking stack