Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Display Technologies group, you’ll help ensure our products’ displays work beautifully through the successful design, fabrication, and implementation of components in Apple devices. From initial concept to mass production, you’ll develop highly innovative displays for the full line of Apple products, including Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Through touch and sight, these displays are how millions of Apple customers connect with our products every single day. Together, you’ll collaborate with multifunctional teams across Apple to make each interaction a magical experience to see & touch. Apple is looking for a creative Display Technologist who can lead innovations to Apple's outstanding display technology features. As a Technologist in the Display Investigation team, you will have a wide range of responsibilities in exploring, investigating, and implementing new display technologies for use in Apple products. Candidates with strong problem-solving skills combined with deep curiosity about displays will be preferred.
- Knowledge in organic light emitting diodes (OLED) or light emitting diodes (LED) displays.
- Hands-on experience with electrical/optical characterization & simulation of optoelectronic devices.
- Experience in ray-tracing simulation of optical components using commercial tools (LightTools/Zemax) or equivalent softwares.
- Capability of using a generic programming language (such as Matlab or Python) to solve practical problems.
- Capability to analyze large quantity data and draw significant and practical conclusions.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work with partners across multiple teams.
- Candidate with outstanding strength in one or more qualifications does not need to rigorously meet all qualifications.
- Develop and assess next generation display technologies across a range of Apple products and systems. - Work with internal teams and external suppliers to characterize, model, and improve display performance. - Collaborate with multi-functional teams to incorporate novel display technologies. - Validate performance metrics during both development and production phases.
Education & Experience
PhD or MS degree in Physics, Optics, Material Science or Electrical Engineering.