Software Quality Engineer, Apple Pay
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas become extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Imagine the possibilities when your passion is applied to enriching the lives of your friends, family, and Apple Pay users around the world. Your life's best work could be an interview away. The Apple Pay team is looking for a creative and motivated Software Quality Engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. Join a dynamic team who pride themselves in qualifying the best-in-class contactless experience for accessing vehicles, homes, schools, hotels, and resorts. We have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight millions of users every day.
- Experience with any object-oriented programming language.
- Experience working with relational database systems ,providing and consuming RESTful web services and JSON
- Ability to define and execute comprehensive test plans
- Strong background in designing or extending existing test frameworks; JUnit, TestNg
- In-depth knowledge of iOS (user-experience, software, and hardware).
- Experience solving OS, database, network configuration, and applications server issues
- Nice to have : Swift programming experience.
As Apple Pay Software Quality Engineers, we work closely with software engineers, external partners, and other quality engineers to guide new features from inception to release, as well as ensure existing features meet our customer's expectations in each software release. Job Functions Include: - Testing new and existing features on pre-release software and hardware to find problems before they impact our users - Triaging difficult problems and driving them to resolution, in an effort to make the user experience phenomenal - Working with client, server, and partner engineering teams to identify software requirements and develop test plans - Defining test coverage, creating and maintaining test cases, reporting test results, and evaluating readiness to ship - Developing testing tools and automation - Leaving our mark on each product release with an aim to surprise and delight users