Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication in a sophisticated, global, interdependent environment and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Occupational Health team at Apple is growing, and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the health of our employees, customers and the communities where we operate, while supporting our team members in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple is looking for an Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner. The purpose of this role is delivery of high quality occupational health services and consultations. This position will help champion the implementation of innovative occupational health solutions in order to optimize the health and performance of Apple employees.
- NP with current license to practice in California.
- At least 10 years of health experience of which at least 3 years must have been in an occupational health setting.
- Prior experience managing and supervising occupational health teams including RNs and medical assistants and other health care teams.
- Experience implementing evidence-based occupational health programs in global corporate, research, and manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple occupational health projects effectively and simultaneously with high standards of professionalism.
- Certifications in Hearing Conservation and Spirometry preferred.
- Strong computer skills preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations including OSHA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA and medical record keeping.
- Skilled at cross-functional collaboration.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to collect and interpret data to measure effectiveness of Occupational Health programs.
- Strong case management experience is a plus.
- COHN certification is a plus.
- Program management of medical surveillance and fitness to work medical evaluations. - Lead a team of occupational health nurses and medical assistants - Lead case management of work-related illnesses/injuries to ensure prompt and efficient return to work process. - Support COVID-19 case management. - Support workplace incident investigations and reporting of potential OSHA recordable cases. - Assist with the evaluation and mitigation of workplace health hazards. - Support workplace accommodation requests. - Assist with developing and updating clinical occupational health policies and guidelines. - Accurately track and analyze occupational health data to evaluate the effectiveness of occupational health programs. - Effectively interact and partner with multiple stakeholders including leadership teams, industrial hygiene, safety, legal, employee relations, People and Wellness teams to promote employee health, wellness and performance. - Assist with managing Occupational Health vendors/contractors. - Provide support to employees, management, Employee Relations, Environmental, Health & Safety, and other partners on issues related to occupational health.
Education & Experience
BSN, MSN, etc. degrees required to obtain Nurse Practitioner with current license to practice in California. Master’s degree in Public Health degree is a plus.