Systems Design & Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you can do here? The Hardware Test Engineering Org plays a key role in ensuring the quality standards at Apple are exceeded, and ensuring that our customers are happy with the performance and experience of the products they use. Members of this team lead the design of custom hardware testing fixtures, software (firmware and/or FPGA IP), and instruments that are critical to Apple’s product integrity. Come join us! We are seeking for a dedicated and curious individual to drive the development of our testing hardware and software instrumentation in parallel to product design. They will develop a deep understanding of the entire product architecture at both the hardware and system level in order to provide a complete and thorough hardware testing solution.
- Good understanding analog, digital, and power electronics hardware architectures and design
- Experience in schematic & PCB layout design using Allegro or a similar CAD tool
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally up-to 20% of the time; estimated 8-10 days per trip (once it is safe to do so).
- Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of USB 3.2, USB-PD, Display Port, PCIe, I2C, SPI technologies and protocols, and design
- Prior experience with bed of nails test fixture and designing custom test instruments.
- Basic software engineering experience (writing, editing, debugging Python or LUA scripts, C/ C++ etc.)
- Experience in FPGA development (Verilog, SysVerilog, VHDL)
- Prior technical leadership and/or project management experience
- Prior experience of performing parametric data statistical analysis (CPK, GRR etc)
We are seeking for a dedicated and curious individual to drive the development of our testing hardware and software instrumentation in parallel to product design. Primary job responsibilities include, Owning and leading the systems architecture, hardware design, and implementation of product testing on new Apple products from prototype to mass production! Leading our organization in developing custom electrical instruments and algorithms, software tools for data analysis, diagnostic tests, and solving any problem or feature in the test process you desire, and design hardware test fixtures both locally and at the factory Working closely with the Systems Design and Diagnostics teams early in the product development lifecycle to learn the system architecture and provide suggested test for functionality and performance Being the technical expert for designing, understanding, presenting, communicating and debugging, the system testing and testing processes of your product Being a key liaison between our organization and the Contract Manufacturers to ensure that our test stations is validated and ready for manufacturing testing Documentation of tests and developing/executing product test plans, specifying test stations and diagnostics for testing product features, and implementing test process control and parametric data collection.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. EE with 3+ years of experience