Product Safety Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming exceptional products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Imagine what you could do here! This position is offered in the Product Safety Engineering department within Apple's Product Integrity organization. Our mission is to ensure that Apple products are safe for our customers to use throughout the world and also comply with worldwide safety requirements. The Safety Group seeks a high-energy, poised, data-driven a diligent hands-on individual with a background in electrical/electronics engineering to support safety engineering design and testing of innovative consumer products.
- 10+ years of engineering experience in consumer, medical, military, space product design, or reliability engineering experience with a deep knowledge of electronics design, safety, risk and failure analysis.
- Proficient in evaluating product safety, product safety testing, and compliance to at least two standards from the following list: IEC/EN/UL/CSA 60950, 62368, 62133, and 60065!
- Safety technical background and hands-on experience in safety certifications of complex products and performing risk analysis to eliminate safety risks
- Solid understanding on test equipment, test procedures, and agency requirements from the above Safety Standards
- Interpret and negotiate requirements, apply knowledge to new situations, and implement new solutions with customer safety as the priority
- Power/electronics/electrical background and being able to conducting component-level safety analysis of electrical circuits and modules
- Conducting FMEA and Safety Fault Tree Analysis (desirable)
- Expertise in leading several concurrent high-visibility multi-functional projects
- Technical writing, data analytics/statistics, and ability to build and deliver Presentations for Executives.
- We are seeking an Individual who will be both, confident to work independently and be a good team member
Develop a deep understanding of our products and work with multi-functional teams to identify and address related safety requirements and resolve design challenges of new technologies Conduct Safety compliance testing, report writing, and acquire certifications - Using scientific methods, conduct design of experiments and failure analysis Own and drive the safety aspects of Apple products Develop an understanding of manufacturing processes to identify potential manufacturing defects that can lead to safety issues. Work with suppliers to ensure product safety is addressed and maintained during production. Conducting detailed failure analysis and documenting lessons learned for future implementations
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. EE/ME with 7+ years of experience