Software Engineer - Crypto Services
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Security and privacy have always been a crucial part of Apple’s innovation. At Apple, we take security very seriously, and we passionately look for ways to improve the security of all our applications and systems. Security is only as strong as the weakest link. We are seeking software engineers to join our growing team that develops cryptographic services that are leveraged across many of the most business-critical functions within Apple to protect our most sensitive information.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Strong object-oriented design & development experience (JVM language proficiency a plus)
- Proficiency with scripting languages (python, bash, etc.)
- Solid understanding of both front-end and especially back-end technologies
- Experience with modern CI/CD tooling and build systems
- Experience building, orchestrating, and deploying highly scalable REST based APIs
- Knowledge of applied security concepts (authentication, authorization, OWASP Top 10 Risks)
- Understanding of performance testing concepts and tools
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL database technology is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of PKI fundamentals and applied cryptography is a plus but not required
The Crypto Services team at Apple is responsible for protecting some of the most sensitive and critical data you can imagine. Utilizing cryptographic keys and functions, we provide applications and services that are leveraged across many of the most business-critical functions within Apple. You will collaborate with product management and other engineering teams to define features, and work closely with other members of Crypto Services to design, implement and deliver these as comprehensive, high volume, low latency, fault-tolerant and highly available security solutions. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart and inspiring people, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist? You will engage in a collaborative, rapidly changing environment to design groundbreaking new technologies.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required; Advanced degree preferred.