OLED Device Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Display Technologies group, you’ll help ensure our products’ displays work beautifully through the successful design, fabrication, and implementation of components in Apple devices. From initial concept to mass production, you’ll develop highly innovative displays for the full line of Apple products, including Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Through touch and sight, these displays are how millions of Apple customers connect with our products every single day. Together, you’ll collaborate with multifunctional teams across Apple to make each interaction a magical experience to see and touch. Apple is looking for a creative, hands-on, motivated engineer who will play a meaningful role in the design and performance of future displays used in Apple products! We are seeking the right person to interact cross-functionally with key collaborators in product design and development as well as with product suppliers. You will be the point person for the design of OLED display components, and will have opportunity to add to Apple's intellectual property.
- Prior hands-on experience in designing OLED devices and displays
- Consistent track record in product development from an idea to commercialization in the display industry.
- A background which demonstrates hands on skill in design, fabrication, and characterization of optoelectronic materials and devices.
- Robust engineering skills including use of software such as Matlab, Python, JMP, Excel or similar software is required.
- Expertise in the electrical and optical performance validation of optoelectronic devices preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in active matrix flat panel displays strongly preferred, particularly in display optics and electronics, fabrication processes, and system design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high ability to collaborate with team members from multiple engineering fields.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
▪ Investigate and assess the best among display technologies from potential suppliers. ▪ Develop and define the display module specifications with potential suppliers. ▪ Lead by example within an internal multi-functional team, where team members possess optical, EE, ME, process and panel design expertise. ▪ Lead the display suppliers as the primary technical contact. ▪ Design and coordinate display testing protocols and review test results from the display vendors, system OEMs, and multi-functional groups at Apple
Education & Experience
▪ PhD in Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering or Material Science Engineering, or MS with validated experience.