Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for world class engineer to design and develop innovative optical devices. Come and join us to make a dent in the universe.
- Engineering background in geometrical optics and wave optics and polarization optics
- Capability in modeling for simulation studies to design optical devices and to tackle optical problems
- Proficiency in computer languages (Matlab, Python, Mathematica, C/C++, Fortran, etc) for simulations and modeling
- Experience in commercial tools of optical simulations on geometric optics and wave optics and polarization optics is helpful
- Hands-on experience in prototyping, and optical system design
- Understandings in the basics of optical measurements and equipment
- Strong creative/analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position is focusing on development, prototyping, and flawless execution of technologies to enable the best optical performance of current and future Apple products. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation in the interdisciplinary areas of optics, device fabrication.
Education & Experience
Ph.D in Optical Science/Engineering, or Master/Bachelor degree with 5+ years or longer experience in optical science/engineering at industries or academic institutes