Occupational Health Nurse
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication in a sophisticated, global, interdependent environment and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Occupational Health team at Apple is growing, and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the health of our employees, customers and the communities where we operate, while supporting our team members in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple is looking for an Occupational Health Nurse. In this role, you will assist with the delivery of occupational health services and consultations. This position will help champion the implementation of innovative occupational health solutions in order to optimize the health and performance of Apple employees.
- RN with current license to practice in California.
- At least 10 years of health experience of which at least 3 years must have been in an occupational health setting.
- Experience implementing evidence-based occupational health programs in global corporate, research, or manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple occupational health projects effectively and simultaneously with high standards of professionalism.
- Certifications in Hearing Conservation and Spirometry preferred.
- Strong computer skills preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations including OSHA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA and medical record keeping.
- Skilled at cross-functional collaboration.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to collect and interpret data to measure effectiveness of Occupational Health programs.
- Strong case management experience is a plus.
- COHN certification is a plus.
- Support program management of medical surveillance and fitness to work medical evaluations. - Assist with case management of work-related illnesses/injuries to ensure timely and efficient return to work process. - Support COVID-19 case management. - Support workplace incident investigations and reporting of potential OSHA recordable cases. - Assist with the evaluation and mitigation of workplace health hazards. - Support workplace accommodation requests. - Assist with developing and updating clinical occupational health policies and guidelines. - Accurately track and analyze occupational health data to evaluate the effectiveness of occupational health programs. - Effectively interact and partner with stakeholders including leadership teams, industrial hygiene, EHS/safety, legal, employee relations, People and Wellness teams to promote employee health, wellness and performance. - Assist with managing Occupational Health vendors/contractors. - Provide support to employees, management, Employee Relations, Environmental, Health & Safety, and other partners on issues related to occupational health.
Education & Experience
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or (ELM) etc. - Current RN with current license to practice in California - Masterʼs degree in Public Health degree is a plus Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.