Senior Full Stack Development Engineer
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work! Together, we build products, capabilities & experiences people once could not have imagined. Collaboration & teamwork is important at Apple. Every day, we will connect you with your peers & colleagues at one of the most inclusive companies in the world! Work with a talented team of full stack software engineers, who deliver automated solutions & business insights to EMEIA Operations leaders & teams. These solutions play a valuable role in the Apple supply chain end to end from manufacturing through to delivery of our products into the hands of our Apple customers. This Rapid Application Development (RAD) team is responsible for the design & development of innovative, data driven applications which empower the Apple Operations teams. We are a team of software developers that implement scalable, easy-to-use web based tools that sit on our local & cloud based platforms. We are seeking a customer-focused, passionate & driven individual with experience in building tools & solutions that also has a keen interest in both back-end & front-end development. If you would like to be a part of a team that’s constantly evolving, learning & problem-solving, we’d love to talk with you.
- Self-motivated, proactive, fast-paced & solution-oriented
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, & communication skills
- Ability to evaluate & apply new technologies in a short time
- Deep understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Highly experienced in PHP & Python, as well as additional back end scripting languages such as Node.
- Highly experienced in Relational / Non Relational databases (MySQL, MariaDB, Teradata, Snowflake, MongoDB, etc)
- Proven experience in UI development using HTML, JQuery, Angular, Vue, etc.
- Highly experience in infrastructure decisioning & system administration, including management & maintenance of Linux servers
- Knowledge of Kubernetes & Docker containers
- Experience of deploying apps on cloud based infrastructure, such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
As a Software Developer on the Rapid Application Development (RAD) team, your key role will be to: Design customised applications for the Apple Operations Department. Lead regional projects from Requirements Gathering to Go Live. Collaborate directly with internal business partners Present your solutions to key business stakeholders Support & Scale the existing RAD toolset Assist in the Maintenance of local & cloud based infrastructure
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.