Building Automation Specialist, Apple Park (ALC, Building Automation Controls)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working in a complex, global, interdependent environment? Do you have a passion for developing real estate strategy? As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll have a meaningful role in transforming spaces into our corporate offices, stores, and product development centers. You’ll also help locate, develop, and manage these properties around the world. You and your group will travel the world in search of groundbreaking new and sustainable materials. You’ll be an integral part of ensuring that Apple’s continued growth is sustainable and successful worldwide. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces also run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and beauty as our products. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Building Automation Specialist. Our primary responsibility as a team is to utilize building automation systems to ensure that the campus is operating at the highest levels of occupant comfort while maintaining critical environments without compromising efficiency. Close coordination in utilizing building automation systems with all Real Estate & Development groups is expected, including but not limited to the Facility Service Center (FSC), Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), Maintenance & Operations, Critical Services, Global Data Center Services, Energy Efficiency partners and contracted technical support.
- Competency in navigating and operating building automation systems. Direct experience with Automated Logic (ALC) controls preferred.
- Competency in navigating and operating lighting control systems including Lutron, Enlighted, nLight and Wattstopper.
- Familiarity with building automation communication protocols (BACnet, Modbus and LonWorks) as well as control network architecture.
- Experience with the development and implementation of building control systems including controls sequences of operation (SOO) as related to building operation, occupant comfort and energy efficiency.
- Experience with all varieties of commercial HVAC and plumbing systems including chilled water central plants, air handling, radiant, clean dry air, exhaust, energy recovery, domestic water distribution and monitoring, food service refrigeration and gas monitoring systems.
- Experience with all varieties of commercial electrical systems including back up generators, automatic transfer switches, uninterruptible power supplies, power delivery units and Starline busways.
- Skilled in reviewing mechanical and BAS controls design and construction drawings, SOO and MEP documents and guidelines.
- Familiarity with HVAC and electrical controls installations, including logic programming, supervisory controllers, field devices, enterprise level control and control panel layout.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, documentation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests with a constant focus on deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Apple products a plus.
- Experience in Cisco network architecture a plus.
Demonstrating a positive and approachable demeanor is very important while displaying strong analytical skills along with the ability to internalize complex issues and data with ease and efficiency to problem solve. The ability to operate with an entrepreneurial spirit by taking initiative and always challenging themselves and the team to improve the customer experience we provide as a group. Actively practicing teamwork and innovation while being focused on results. Ability to multi-task and deal with ambiguity in a results oriented environment.
Education & Experience
Applicable building engineering experience or Bachelor's degree in Engineering LEED Accreditation Beneficial Certification in an Applicable Building Automation System(s)
- CURRENT OPENING:
- 4x10 Day Shift - 6:00AM - 4:30PM - Wednesday-Saturday
- The ability to be flexible with your assigned shift is preferred for opportunities to move to one of the alternative shifts listed below.
- 4x10 Day Shift - 6:00AM - 4:30PM - Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday
- 4x10 Swing Shift - 12:00PM - 10:30PM - Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday
- 4x10 Grave Shift - 9:00PM - 7:30AM - Wednesday-Saturday