Hardware Systems Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In the Apple Home group we develop groundbreaking devices with complex hardware, sensors and software. We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our growing team! You will play a key role in designing and developing the hardware for these systems and should be comfortable with defining complex electrical system architectures and hands on hardware bringup, debug, and prototyping. Come join the Apple Home team!
- 6+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in hardware development.
- Expertise in hardware design for embedded applications including the following:
- SOC, microcontrollers, microprocessors (ARM), FPGA
- Processor peripheral interfaces (PCIe, USB, I2C, CAN, SPI, storage, high speed serial)
- High-speed signaling and camera electrical protocols (e.g., MIPI, LVDS, SDI)
- Power supply design and battery charging
- Audio system design and integration
- Solid understanding of Signal Integrity and Power Integrity
- Strong working knowledge of best practices for PCB/flex layout and construction
- Proven experience in taking designs from concept to mass production
- Experience with bring-up, debug, and validation of mixed signal designs
- Hands on experience with test equipment including scopes, network analyzers, multi-meters, and more.
In this role, you will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team to develop and integrate hardware systems for future Apple products. The position requires the ability for independent precise detail design work as well as high level system understanding. Also required are excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a dynamic environment. - Ownership of electrical architecture and implementation - Schematic creation and layout responsibility - Bringup and debug - Hardware validation - Prototyping proof of concepts
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in EE
- Minimum of 6 years of hands on industry experience, preferably in a consumer electronics environment.