Sense Hardware Architect
Santa Clara, California, United States
The Special Project Group (SPG) at Apple is currently looking for an exceptional candidate for a sense hardware architecture engineer. As a successful applicant you will be responsible for developing and evaluating sensing hardware architecture for autonomous systems via simulation, testing and analysis. You will work cross functionally with domains experts in sensor hardware, signal processing implementation, autonomy algorithms, systems engineering, and safety to perform system level trade-offs and provide robust assessments of architectural options. You must possess hands-on experience in sensor system modeling, data analysis, and software module development. A strong knowledge in physics of sensors, systems analysis, and algorithm development is also needed. You must feel passionate about developing complex systems with multi-disciplinary teams and delivering within aggressive timelines.
- Experience developing system architecture, sensor systems analysis, and modeling.
- Strong fundamentals in sensor design and the impact of impairments on sensor performance.
- Exceptional HW/SW problem solving skills.
- Strong SW development skills in C/C++, Python, MATLAB programing.
- Strong algorithm prototyping and development experience.
- Good understanding of optical and/or RF sensors and signal processing.
- Large scale data analysis and knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills.
Conduct assessments of optical sensing systems to meet an array of use cases. Perform simulations to generate system and module level requirements for cameras, optical depth sensors, and RF systems. Architect, develop and prototype practical and implementable algorithms. Advise on the trades between different sensor hardware, software and algorithms. Perform large scale data analysis and generate validation metrics - Deliver executive level presentations.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. EE/CS/Physics or M.S. with 5+ years of relevant industry experience