Real Estate & Development Construction Project Manager - Austin (people management exp.)
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love working in a complex, global, interdependent environment? Do you have a passion for developing real estate strategy? As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll have a meaningful role in transforming spaces into our corporate offices, stores, and product development centers. You’ll also help locate, develop, and manage these properties around the world. You and your group will travel the world in search of groundbreaking new and sustainable materials. You’ll be an integral part of ensuring that Apple’s continued growth is sustainable and successful worldwide. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces also run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and beauty as our products. In RE&D, we don’t sit back and let things happen, we make things happen, and we do this in service to all Apple employees and customers. Our team is a diverse and nimble group that manages Apple’s workplaces and workplace services. We develop and run Apple’s global real estate portfolio, lead all related capital construction projects, provide outstanding facilities and site services, develop and lead sustainability initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of all Apple facilities, including commute and renewable energy programs, and do everything we can to ensure the health and safety of all Apple personnel, facilities, and customers in our facilities around the world. We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and highly motivated Construction Manager to join our team and oversee the construction management of Apple’s corporate and R&D facilities in strategic locations in the US and all locations in Canada and Latin America.
- 5+ years of construction/project management experience with a demonstrated focus in delivering outstanding workplaces.
- Strong background in data center/commercial/industrial construction to include mechanical, electrical, process piping, plumbing building systems, tenant improvement, site work and ground up construction.
- Deep expertise in the planning, scheduling, budgeting, resourcing, and carrying out of all technical services required to maintain and improve a large real estate portfolio. This includes mechanical, electrical, plumbing, controls, fire-alarm, lighting, furniture, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to meet deadlines as required to meet project schedule.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with the upkeep and function of buildings, building systems, machinery, landscape, and quality improvement projects.
- Ability to balance the trade-offs between operational risk and investment, constantly seeking the highest quality and design at the best value.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and supervisory skills, including experience working with all levels of an organization and ability to handle customer service issues involving employees in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to develop cost estimates, schedules, and analyze Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Capability to diagnose, handle and resolve maintenance issues quickly and efficiently, including experience prioritizing and assigning repairs.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with facility operation teams, utility companies, government agencies, architectural & design firms, and general contracting firms.
The Project Manager for AMR Field will be leading construction project teams throughout the US, Canada, and Latin America and will be responsible for the following; Project initiation including conceptual budgeting and scheduling, logistics planning. Provide budget analysis, value engineering, and obtain internal approvals for capital funding. Apply the Apple design guidelines and provide guidance to the design team for implementation. Meeting with internal engineering groups, operations and business units to determine detailed project requirements Engagement of design professionals to include architects, engineers and specialty consultants Management and support of design professionals from programming to completion Review of lease terms and collaborate with Leasing Manager to obtain all necessary approvals from the Landlord Engage and maintain positive working relationships with local government jurisdictions/departments Engagement of general contractors to include competitive bidding and negotiation Review of all proposals, and change order requests from the consultants, general contractors, suppliers and subcontracts. Prepare and present comparative analysis. Creation and maintenance of the project budget and high-level master schedule Engagement of and coordination with Apple EH&S, IT, Security and AV project managers, etc. Coordination, ordering and installation oversight of furniture, fixtures and equipment for each project Management of commissioning agents and development of sequence of operations Management of the closeout process, handle warranty issues and turnover the project to Facilities team Frequent travel to AMR Field locations across the US, Canada, and Latin America to run projects and lead local teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Construction Management preferred. 5+ years of experience in commercial or industrial construction as a project manager